We invite more young ambassadors to travel with us
We invite sponsors to provide support
Young Ambassadors Ohio (YAO), an Ohio-German Youth Partnership Initiative that began in 2014, is growing. Last summer twelve German youth and their leaders came to the U.S. We are making a return trip next July, and we still have a few openings for Ohio youth to travel with us.
Language is not a barrier. The German youth all speak very good English. Last summer it was a bit awkward at first, but after one of the American youth introduced the card game ‘Spoons’ there was soon dialogue and lots of interaction. Relationships continued to build through touchstone discussions and worship.
One of our Ohio youth, Autumn Folk, has created a 4-minute DVD of highlights that is available upon request. It is perfect to share during announcements or with a youth group.
This partnership focuses on building relationships and learning about a different culture. It is different from a mission work trip. It focuses instead on opportunities to practice the art of being an ambassador for Christ. Each day the youth will be given an opportunity to practice their faith and reflect on how Jesus calls us to love one another.
• How do you offer hospitality and welcome those who run from violence?
• How do you see justice at work in the world?
• Peace conveys the concepts of equality, justice, and harmony coupled with tenderness. How can we be agents of Peace?
• How can the German and UCC churches embrace agape love to help dismantle modern day racism and discrimination?
Ohio youth are now meeting weekly on a video chat to plan for their three week trip to Germany in July 2016. The estimated cost per person is $2,100. A number of fundraisers are planned to reduce each traveler’s cost. You can help by making a gift toward this partnership.
The benefits are extraordinary!
• You will be helping to open our Young Ambassadors’ eyes to a broader world view.
• You will be instrumental in introducing them to a new culture, one that is part of our UCC heritage, from where many of our ancestors came.
• You will be affirming these Young Ambassadors as agents of peace.
• Your support will be foundational as their faith grows and their love for others widens the circle and envelops the world.
Please send your gift to our fiscal agent: Trinity UCC, Young Ambassadors Ohio, 215 High Street, Wadsworth, OH 44281 with YAO clearly marked on the memo line. For more information visit our webpage: www.youngambassadorsohio.org.
We have also established a GoFundMe account to which you can contribute. It can be found at the following web address: https://www.gofundme.com/youngambassadorsoh.
One of our youth, Kaetlyn Doty says, “In the beginning there were awkward moments, but these soon gave way to handshakes and hugs and wishes to meet again.” Your gift will make this trip a success.